Slippery Elm Food Malted 454g
For sensitive individuals, the proteins in milk can form into heavy clots in the stomach. Mix Slippery Elm Food with milk and a smooth mucilage is made. This combination prevents unpleasant clots forming and makes a much more easily digestible drink. Providing nourishment for over 100 years.
Perfect for a warm nourishing drink before bedtime, to help relax and wind down. Can provide an ideal first food for children, suitable for all ages through to the elderly which may find this nutritional food better to digest.
How To Make It
1. Fill a half pint beaker with milk.
2. Pour into a saucepan and heat, leaving at least two tablespoons of cold milk in the beaker.
3. Add one generous teaspoon of Slippery Elm Food to the milk in the beaker, and mix into a smooth thin paste.
4. Slowly pour the nearly boiling milk into the beaker, and stir continuously.
5. Pour the mixture back into the saucepan until it bubbles.
6. Pour into a mug and enjoy!
In A Microwave (650 watt)
1. Put one heaped teaspoon of Slippery Elm Food into a mug.
2. Add enough milk to make a smooth paste.
3. Fill mug almost to the top with milk, and heat on full power for one and a half minutes… or almost to boiling point.
4. Sweeten, or ‘flavour’ if you wish.
To Make A Sustaining Meal
1. Mix in a beaker one tablespoon of Slippery Elm Food and three tablespoons of milk to form a smooth paste.
2. Add about one third of a pint of milk to the paste, stir and pour into a saucepan.
3. Bring to just boiling point stirring all the time.
4. As soon as it thickens to a porridge consistency pour into a bowl and sweeten, ideally with honey, to taste.
Pre-cooked Wheaten Flour, Barley Malt, Powdered Slippery Elm Bark (2.5%), Sugar (2.5%)